DUBLIN, November 25, 2021–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Encyclopedia of Behavioral Neuroscience. Edition No. 2” book from Elsevier Science and Technology has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering
Behavioral Neuroscience is a relatively recent discipline which unifies different fields encompassing Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, Clinical Neurology, Neuroanatomy, and Neurophysiology.
Encyclopedia of Behavioral Neuroscience, Three Volume Set is a comprehensive, multidisciplinary work written by the best experts in the field, addressing the relationship between the neurological and biological basis of behavior and models of cognition, spanning from perception to memory and covering phenomena that occur in human and other animals.
Published in 2010, it comprised 212 articles and was a unique and essential resource for students and professionals in several fields including neuroscience, psychology, neurology, psychiatry, and cognitive science. It was by far the most comprehensive reference work available addressing the advances in all the field of behavioral neuroscience. It does however, now need revising with the latest science.
The new edition will again cover the relationship between brain and behavior, both in humans and other animals, as well as mental and brain disorders.
This new edition spans across three volumes, 250 chapters and approximately 2000 pages. It will build on the foundations of the first edition by thoroughly updating all current articles with the latest research that has developed in the last decade.
In addition, 40 brand new articles on the hottest topics within behavioral neuroscience will be added, covering areas such as advances in behavioral genetics and epigenetics, cognitive ageing, neuroepidemiology, social neuroscience, as well as the upsurge of new technologies like diffusion tensor imaging or transcranial direct current stimulation.
The result will be an all-encompassing one-stop interdisciplinary major reference work on how the brain and its disorders influence behavior, perfect for neuroscience students, clinicians and scientists interested in knowing more about behavior from a biological perspective.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Clinical Neuroanatomy (including Diffusion Tensor Imaging), Brain structures and functions (including the senses, biorhythms, plasticity and the perceptual/motor systems)
2. Methods for studying the brain (including cognition, patients studies, neuroimaging, neurophysiology, transcranial direct current stimulation)
3. Animal models of behaviour, Comparative Neurobiology and Evolution
4. Behavioural genetics, Epigenetics and Molecular Neurobiology
5. Developmental Neuroscience and Psychology
6. Behavioral Neurology (including brain diseases) and Brain Aging (normal and pathological)
7. Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuropsychology (including Language and Memory)
8. Neuroscience in the society (Ethics, Law, Education, Neuroepidemiology, press)
9. Psychopharmachology, Neuroendocrinology (including reproductive behaviour) and Addiction
10. Social Neuroscience (including personality, reward and emotions)
For more information about this book visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3qwcgu
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211125006076/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900